...













...



CHANGE YOUR MINDSET

header ads

STOP DEPENDING UPON OTHERS - CUPCAKEXD - SEASON 1- EPISODE 17









The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

~Swedish Proverb

From Empty Pockets to Self-Reliance: My Journey to Financial Independence

Remember the proverb "the best helping hand is at the end of your own arm"? Two months ago, I took that wisdom to heart, embarking on a challenging but transformative journey toward financial independence from my mother.

With 84 cents in my bank, no home, and only part-time income, the timing might have seemed crazy. But I was desperate to break a cycle of dependence, returning home defeated after each attempt at solo flight. Accepting my mother's financial support, despite our unspoken resentment, kept me stagnant.

I realized I wasn't reaching my potential because I didn't have to. Difficulty or boredom became escape hatches, knowing a safety net existed. It was time to quit the cycle, both for my sake and hers.

Financial independence meant saying no to offers of help and doubling down on my writing career. Each penny saved mattered, so I walked miles to work and slept on a friend's uncomfortable futon. Hunger pangs were frequent companions until payday.

Humbling? Absolutely. But the self-discovery and resilience I gained were priceless. I learned depths of my own strength and capability that wouldn't have surfaced otherwise.

This isn't just my story. From children to partners to friends, many relationships require navigating independence. While each situation is unique, I believe the journey often follows three steps:

  1. Declaration: Recognizing the need for independence and asserting it, even if uncomfortable.
  2. Separation: Embracing the challenges and rewards of standing on your own, even when tough.
  3. Reconnection: Rebuilding relationships on a new foundation of mutual respect and understanding, forged through individual growth.

Remember, true independence doesn't mean isolation. It's about empowering yourself and enriching your connections through self-reliance. My journey began with empty pockets, but it led me to an abundance of self-awareness and strength. The best helping hand truly does lie within.




NEAL LLOYD


 

TO CONTINUE THE ARTICLE AND READ MORE CLICK HERE







...






...