...













...



CHANGE YOUR MINDSET

header ads

5 WAYS TO COMMUNICATE BETTER - CUPCAKE XD - SEASON 2 - EPISODE 2

 






Office Rumble Turned Rom-Com: A Communication Mishap

Confucius probably said it, but whoever did - work harmony is like a unicorn: everyone talks about it, nobody's seen it. My office resembled more of a mosh pit after a heavy metal concert gone wrong.

 

I, a total rockstar in my own mind, was tossing out ideas like confetti at a parade. But they landed with the grace of a drunken ostrich. My colleagues seemed to acknowledge me about as much as a flickering exit sign. Frustration simmered, and I donned my emotional armor, prepared to verbally joust with anyone who dared question my brilliance.

 

Enter the new knight: shiny and, well, new.  After a passive-aggressive tango of reworked tasks (because apparently, we couldn't just talk?), he requested a meeting. Visions of epic comebacks filled my head. I spent the night mentally fencing with witty retorts.

 

Turns out, my internal monologue was the only battle happening.  This dude just wanted to swap some duties, understand the office politics, and basically ensure things ran smoother than a greased waterslide. Fifteen minutes later, we were practically BFFs. Shocking, right?

 

Insert massive forehead slap here.  Apparently, my communication skills were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Misunderstandings, fueled by my ability to listen about as well as a broken radio, were draining the life out of situations like a swarm of energy vampires.

 

Lesson learned? Talking is key.  Who knew?  Here's my cheat sheet to communication, because apparently, I needed it badly.

 

Ditch the Drama Llama: Don't base your happiness on someone else's approval. If you walk into a conversation needing a specific outcome, you've built a wall before they even speak. Find your inner peace, then the conversation flows smoother than a dolphin in a water park.

 

Listen Up, Grasshopper: We all jump to conclusions faster than a frog on a lily pad. But just like you wouldn't write a sonnet about roses without smelling one, listen before you launch into your rebuttal. People appreciate being heard, even if you disagree. Bonus points: it builds a foundation of understanding, way sturdier than a house of cards built on assumptions.

 

Unpack Your Baggage: Conversations aren't just words, they're baggage battles. We haul past hurts and insecurities into every interaction. Recognize your baggage and try not to let it color the present situation. Sometimes, just acknowledging it chills things out.

 

Repeat for Clarity: In heated moments, we're formulating our defense before the other person finishes their sentence. To show you're listening and solidify your understanding, parrot back the key points. This clears up confusion and keeps you present in the conversation, not lost in your own head.

 

Share Your Feels: I'm a champion bottler-upper of emotions. Small issues simmer until they explode like a forgotten soda can in a hot car. But guess what? People rarely react the way I expect. Sharing my thoughts injects trust and understanding into relationships.  The more you share your authentic self, the more likely you are to get the treatment you deserve.

 

Moral of the story? Communication is key. And if you can avoid turning every conversation into a medieval joust, all the better.


NEAL LLOYD








...






...